30 Kasım 2012 Cuma

Pond Hockey Decision

To contact us Click HERE



Not enough hotels in Haliburton, they'll be back, with no Town $$$
I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate the Town fathers on their decision not to put $18,000 into Neil Lumsden’s jeans. I only hope that they remember this decision when they look at putting even bigger money into the Triathlons that also make big bucks off the backs of volunteers. Recently, the Tri-Sport owner Mitch Fraser decided to sell his series of events and the numbers I have heard are mind boggling.


Supporting summer events in a summer tourism market is questionable at best and the hotels are over 80% full most nights and there are line-ups at the better restaurants. Why should taxpayers put money in the pockets of promoters? Are the economic spinoffs really there? Why is it so difficult to get hotels & restaurants to buy into these profit making event schemes?

On the home front, it looks like I could be in for a very long winter. When I got home on Monday evening (you may remember we got about 4 cm of snow) I was greeted with a two foot wall/bank of snow at the bottom of my driveway. My new neighbours dropped by and wondered ‘What did he do that for?’. I suggested I had no idea Ah, Ah, Ah but I will be watching this very closely. I might have to call in the Fair Judges to determine whether someone is going out of their way to see if they can cause me a heart attack.
Snow pile left by the Town plow at the bottom of my driveway.
No problems on round #2....thankfully

For as long as I have lived in the house I have never had any guests park overnight in front of my house (on a cul-de-sac) and now this winter a sign has been posted in front of the house (none near any of the neighbours) saying no parking. I can see it now. Bury the access to my driveway and when I park at the bottom of my driveway, get me towed away and impounded!

Call me paranoid and a conspiracy theorist but when I go out for some fresh air on the weekend I will be looking into the trees for newly installed G8 motion sensitive security cameras designed to catch anyone parked at the bottom of my hill. What kind of people/bullies stoop to this level of pettiness? If I get plowed in again you can be sure that I will share the pictures with you.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder