10 Ekim 2012 Çarşamba

Sunday Housekeeping- Volume 11

To contact us Click HERE
Readers, just to inform you that I've added additional box on the green bar at the top of the page, entitled.

Making your voice heardLOOK UP
In response to reader requests I am opening up a resource where we can find email addresses where we can send messages.
I don't just want this to be a repository of American media outlets,  I'd like to include government and quasi-government agencies, like Montreal's infamous STM, even businesses that ignore English completely.

The resource is yours to build, I'm not going to shoulder the burden.
Please email me HERE to add a pertinent link. I hope we can build a decent database together.

Now I'd like to again broach a subject that I've brought up before and that is the language of comments.

I understand that rage is legitimate and if you want a place to rant go ahead, but....

As I've said before, this blog reaches out across the world, it is read in consulates and embassies and within our own and foreign governments.
NoDogs is indexed as a resource site on three widely-used news resource aggregators and I get emails from around the world asking for interviews and commentary.
Because of this blog I have been asked to give closed door briefings in places that I cannot reveal.

SEPTEMBER figures according to GOOGLE ANALYTICS
Last month we had a record amount of visitors from over 117 countries. I know the counter in the right-hand margin shows between 70,000 and 85,000 pageviews a month, it is actually higher according to the higher GOOGLE ANALYTICS.

I am not saying any of this to brag, but rather so that you the contributors are mindful of the impact of your comments.

I firmly believe that if you want people to take you seriously, that you need to avoid histrionics, bad language and nasty name-calling.
For those who come here to form an opinion, it is an automatic turn off.

Well-written and well-thought out comments are what make a real difference.

Please remember that those who oppose us follow closely what we say looking for bones to pick at any opportunity. One nasty and racist comment can have a negative effect on what we are trying to accomplish.

Also a reminder that I am not a professional and I work with limited resources and a staff of 1 volunteer, my wife.

I try desperately hard to get my facts straight, but remain mindful mistakes find their way in my blog pieces. I promise to make all corrective changes as soon as I can.

As well, the comments section is again unmoderated, which means that comments are immediately published without pre-screening.

I made an appeal last month for an end to anonymous posting and that supplication has largely been followed.

As for banning people with opposing views, it will not happen.
As for trolls, a lot has to do with optics.

I have and will continue to remove gratuitous personal insults, but it plays both ways.

I defy anyone to tell me that there are not offenders on our side as well as S.R and others. It isn't mature demand censorship.

The two eyes in your head and your fingers are controlled by you. 
Don't read and don't respond to what offends you, that is all I can say.

A sterile one-sided discussion is the last thing we need.

I know many don't agree, but such is life.
In the meantime your comments ARE vitally important.

More people follow this blog for the comments, rather than the main post and the success or failure of this blog is entirely in your hands.

I have learned a lot from the comments section, first that even though we are a community, we share different ideas about partition, language, rights and Quebec's place or non-place in Canada.

This blogs remains about us and our experience.

If those who dislike us come here to mock us, so be it, it is the price we pay for freedom and underscores to those on the other side who block negative or English comments on their blogs automatically, how much they need to learn about freedom of speech.

It is the very essential difference between us and the French language militants who propose a society where ideas, position and principles are only okay, if they fall with  within their narrowly defined view of the world.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder