4 Ekim 2012 Perşembe

Readership; way up, comments; reserved

To contact us Click HERE
The comments may have slowed down a bit recently but our viewership is growing nicely and September 2012 is up 100% over September 2011. We still aren’t making any money on the blog as not enough people are clicking on the ads. All the proceeds are going to charity as received and the next $100 will be headed to the Hospital Foundation.


The comments being made (I didn’t make them) about the demise of the Forester are probably premature. How can you lose money when most of the layout work is done in India? As for the content in the publication I can’t comment because I don’t read it anymore. I may have disagreed with Liz on many issues but I will always respect her strength to take a stand on an issue. You can get more timely news through HBR and commentary right here on the blog.

I’m waiting for the CCAA posting of the name of the local company in financial trouble before I report their name. The CCAA people say on their site that they post the names within two days of the court order being granted. I won’t believe it until I see it!

For those looking for a seat at council in 2014 I would suggest that you target an candidacy announcement date for next May/June when Grant Thornton reports on the 2012 financial position of the Town. Councillor Zanetti is on record as saying they are on track for a $200,000 shortfall or deficit and I’ve suggested here that the operating/reserve deficits will be in excess of $4M for the second year in a row. Anyone wanting to run on a fiscal conservative platform should be ready to pounce when the audited reports are tabled. The finance chair should be ripe for being picked off at the polls. $8M in two years is not fiscal leadership. Faecal yes, fiscal no.

I have been milling around in my mind the report that I will generate for the proposed ‘re-think’ on our local municipal election. It is coming together in my mind and I’d better ‘get at it’ as the public meeting is only a couple of weeks away. You will be able to read it on the day of the public meeting. I will be meeting with my political advisor in Kingston on Sunday and I’m sure we will either come up with a 3 point or 5 point plan during lunch and the early NFL game.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder