28 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Watch Out for Those Japanese Tourists

To contact us Click HERE
Watch Out for Those Japanese Tourists

At the lunch hour on Tuesday I went for a walk around the indoor track at the Summit Centre. Two young skaters and their coach had the ice surface to themselves as they were working on portions of their routines. As I passed the snack bar I glanced across to the Otters bench and it was full with Japanese tourists with their latest photo equipment. I wish I had my camera but I’d left it out in das auto.
Tourists pause to get their pics taken!

It kind of reminds me of that saying about one man’s garbage being another man’s treasure. They seem to be fascinated by items we would consider to be quite everyday. I doubt a North American tour company would include the view from the Otters bench in their travel itinerary.
Tourists check out two Huntsville Bobbleheads

On my Thanksgiving trips to and from Ottawa we always play a game... ‘how many Japanese Tourists will we see on the trip’. They have to be outside the bus to count. We also try to stop at Timmy’s in Renfrew to see the other Huntsville people making the trek.

On my way back from the track I went past the library and noticed a very lovely ‘dump’ behind the old Thrift Store. This dump certainly takes away form all the nice flowers around town and I hope no tour buses go along High Street. I was very pleased to see this cleaned up by Wednesday at noon. Big developers looking at the Empire Site wouldn’t have been impressed with the dump.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder