28 Eylül 2012 Cuma

Kent Park Update

To contact us Click HERE
I don’t like to be called Mr. Negative but I must bring to your attention the discussion happening on Wednesday at the Community Services Committee.
Downtown Business Merchants Fight over Lease Deal

It relates to the Kent Park rental decision from this spring. At that time the decision was made to rent the little building out for this season in an attempt to bring innovative business ideas to downtown. The original lease agreement (where we pay the utilities) called for a one year agreement with a possible extension of up to 5 years at the discretion of the Town.

You may remember the comments at the time about there already being four businesses within a stone’s throw selling the same product.

Funny, I would have thought that this one year experiment might encourage other ideas and higher rents but alas that will not be the case. On the table will be a five year extension to the lease without even a hint of opening the competition back up. I raised a concern with Councillor Withey but he will be claiming a conflict on this one.

I wonder how those other four businesses feel now that the one year trial will now become a permanent thorn in their side. As I suggested before if I owned the business that has supported both the Halloween & Easter events at the dying MHP I’d be writing a nice PFO letter to the Town.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder